Elji’s coloured EPDM granules are made from a compound of EPDM rubber, specialist pigment and UV stabilizers. Blocks of the rubber compound are produced under carefully controlled factory conditions which are then granulated at high speed. Dust is removed at every stage to ensure the finished granules are as clean as possible. Throughout the process, thorough testing ensure that the chemical and physical properties are of consistently high quality.
Elji’s coloured EPDM granules are produced from selected scrap EPDM rubber, derived mainly from the automotive industry such as rubber window seals, linings, tubing etc. The scrap is then recycled by means of ambient grinding, the process being designed to remove any contamination and dust to ensure clean high quality finished granulate. Regular sieve analysis ensures consistent material sizing.
- Through coloured epdm granules maintain surface colour during wear.
- Angular granules provide excellent drainage (EPDM Graded to 1.0-4.0mm)
- High elasticity and wear resistance (Elongation at Break ≥ 650 %, Tensile Strength > 6.0 Mpa)
- UV resistant properties (Grey Scale 3-5 dependent on colour)
- Low density for excellent coverage (1.60 ± 0.05 g/cm³)
- Minimum EPDM content > 20%
- Non toxic
- Supplied in 25kg polythene bags shrink wrapped on pallets.
- Main Applications include:
- Wearing layer for children’s playgrounds, onto an engineered sub-base or onto Elji.
- Top layer for athletics tracks and multi-use games areas.
- Swimming pool surrounds.
- Walkways and landscape areas.
- Raw material for moulded products.
- Garden decoration / Weed control, loose filled.